REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
PUBLIC INVESTMENT CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT
CREDIT No: 4595 AZ
SERVICES ON PROVISION OF TRAINING ON "TRAINING ON CERTIFICATION IN INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS”
Request for Expression of Interest
The Republic of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Public Investment Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The purpose of this training program is to provide the selected experienced Azerbaijani accountants/financial managers with practical knowledge and appropriate professional skills leading to international certification in International Financial Reporting Standards. The main objectives of the IFRS training are:
- Understanding of international regulation structure in financial reporting;
- Application of appropriate international financial accounting and financial reporting standards in real life situations;
- Building the capacity of the targeted agencies to successfully prepare financial reporting in compliance with IFRS, including interpretations of the applications of the international standards developed by International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee;
- Preparation of financial reporting of groups, which include subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures.
- A reputable consulting firm with extensive experience and capacity in providing general financial management and/or accounting training;
- Key staff must have +3 years experience in relevant fields and training;
- Presence in Azerbaijan and availability of Azerbaijani speaking staff is a plus.
Implementation period and place: February – Mart 2010, Baku, Azerbaijan
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 09.00 to 18.00 office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by February 3, 2010.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Project Coordination Unit
Attn: Elvin Rustamov, Director
49, Khatai Avenue, AZ1008, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99412) 4963759/4963760
Fax: (+99412) 4969368