Azərbaycan Xalq Cümhuriyyəti hökumətinin 1918-ci il 28 may tarixli qərarı ilə maarif və təhsil üzrə ilk nazirlik-Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyi yaradılıb. Nazirlər Şurasının 30 iyun 1918-ci il tarixli qərarı ilə Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyinin üç şöbədən (ümumi orta təhsil, ali və orta ixtisas təhsili, peşə məktəbləri) ibarət strukturu təsdiq olunub.
Azərbaycan SSR Xalq Komissarları Sovetinin 28 aprel 1920-ci il tarixli qərarı ilə Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyinin adı dəyişdirilərək Xalq Maarifi Komissarlığı adı ilə yenidən təşkil edilib və ölkədəki bütün təhsil müəssisələri bu qurumun tabeliyinə verilib.
General EducationIs an important area of activity that ensures the acquisition of knowledge, skills and habits by students.
Extracurricular EducationExtracurricular education is a type of education that ensures the development of interests and skills, improvement of intellectual level, creative abilities and physical capabilities of children, teenagers and young people.
Vocational EducationIs a priority area that provides the necessary work skills.
Secondary special educationProvides training of qualified personnel in various arts and mass professions in accordance with the needs of society and the labor market on the basis of general secondary education.
Higher educationProvides highly qualified specialist training based on full secondary education and secondary vocational education, taking into account the needs of society and the labor market.
Special EducationSpecial education ensures the integration of people with disabilities into society, including their preparation for work and family life, by giving knowledge and skills based on state programs.
ProjectsProjects of the Ministry of Education
Assessments and studiesOngoing research by the Ministry of Education
In order to ensure the implementation of the “State Program on transfer of children from public children's institutions to families in the Republic of Azerbaijan (Deinstitutionalization) and Alternative Care (2006-2015)” approved by the Presidential Decree of March 2006, the Department of De-institutionalization and Child Protection was established under the Ministry of Education according to the Decision No. 5 of the Cabinet of Ministers dated January 13, 2010.
The dislocation of educational institutions under the direct authority of the Ministry of Education and is added. The curation of educational institutions is given to the Department.
The functions of the Department:
- To participate in the development of proposals to improve the legal and regulatory framework for the protection of children;
- To cooperate with the commission for the protection of the rights of minors operating under the city and district executive authorities;
- To implement the organizational-pedagogical, teaching-methodological supervision to the boarding school and the boarding-type educational institutions and alternate care facilities in the system of the Ministry of Education, based on normative-legal acts of the Ministry of Education and modern practices in the field of education;
- To carry out the monitoring in order to investigate the quality of the care provided to the children at the boarding schools and the boarding-type educational institutions;
- To petition in the court on the restriction or deprivation of parental rights of the parents who neglect their children who are underaged, studying in the boarding school and the boarding-type educational institutions;
- To implement the coordination on continuation of the education of the graduates of the boarding school and the boarding-type educational institutions in the first vocational education institution;
- To prepare textbooks on special education, methodical aids for teachers, to give opinion for program, textbook and teaching aids prepared on special education of the children with disabilities.