General education is a level of education that provides students with the basics of natural sciences, instills the necessary knowledge, skills and habits, and prepares them for life and work.
- Develop a mechanism for continuous improvement of the content of general education;
- Organization of development of curriculum (programs) for subjects based on state educational standards;
- Development of basic curriculum for general education level;
- Supervise the development and application of assessment criteria for teacher performance;
- Organization of improvement of the methodological service in order to ensure the quality of teaching;
- Preparation of scientific-methodical support for school inspections;
- Preparation of normative legal acts, methodical recommendations related to in-school assessment;
- Analysis based on the results of relevant research conducted to improve the quality of education and statistical data obtained from other institutions;
- Adaptation of the activities of general education schools to modern requirements, carrying out organizational measures in the field of implementation of compulsory general secondary education;
- Carrying out organizational measures on admission of children to pre-school groups in general education schools and staffing pre-school groups in accordance with current regulations;
- Supervision and control over the admission of students to the I (first) grades in general education schools, the conduct of competitions during the admission to the I (first) grades where teaching is conducted in other languages;
- Organization of control over the acquisition of deep and quality knowledge by students on the basis of educational programs (curriculum), the formation of high moral ideas, national traditions, multicultural and universal values in students;
- Expanding the network of trend classes;
- Organization of subject olympiads, various competitions and contests.