Azərbaycan Xalq Cümhuriyyəti hökumətinin 1918-ci il 28 may tarixli qərarı ilə maarif və təhsil üzrə ilk nazirlik-Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyi yaradılıb. Nazirlər Şurasının 30 iyun 1918-ci il tarixli qərarı ilə Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyinin üç şöbədən (ümumi orta təhsil, ali və orta ixtisas təhsili, peşə məktəbləri) ibarət strukturu təsdiq olunub.
Azərbaycan SSR Xalq Komissarları Sovetinin 28 aprel 1920-ci il tarixli qərarı ilə Xalq Maarifi Nazirliyinin adı dəyişdirilərək Xalq Maarifi Komissarlığı adı ilə yenidən təşkil edilib və ölkədəki bütün təhsil müəssisələri bu qurumun tabeliyinə verilib.
General EducationIs an important area of activity that ensures the acquisition of knowledge, skills and habits by students.
Extracurricular EducationExtracurricular education is a type of education that ensures the development of interests and skills, improvement of intellectual level, creative abilities and physical capabilities of children, teenagers and young people.
Vocational EducationIs a priority area that provides the necessary work skills.
Secondary special educationProvides training of qualified personnel in various arts and mass professions in accordance with the needs of society and the labor market on the basis of general secondary education.
Higher educationProvides highly qualified specialist training based on full secondary education and secondary vocational education, taking into account the needs of society and the labor market.
Special EducationSpecial education ensures the integration of people with disabilities into society, including their preparation for work and family life, by giving knowledge and skills based on state programs.
ProjectsProjects of the Ministry of Education
Assessments and studiesOngoing research by the Ministry of Education
General education is a level of education that provides students with the basics of natural sciences, instills the necessary knowledge, skills and habits, and prepares them for life and work.
- Develop a mechanism for continuous improvement of the content of general education;
- Organization of development of curriculum (programs) for subjects based on state educational standards;
- Development of basic curriculum for general education level;
- Supervise the development and application of assessment criteria for teacher performance;
- Organization of improvement of the methodological service in order to ensure the quality of teaching;
- Preparation of scientific-methodical support for school inspections;
- Preparation of normative legal acts, methodical recommendations related to in-school assessment;
- Analysis based on the results of relevant research conducted to improve the quality of education and statistical data obtained from other institutions;
- Adaptation of the activities of general education schools to modern requirements, carrying out organizational measures in the field of implementation of compulsory general secondary education;
- Carrying out organizational measures on admission of children to pre-school groups in general education schools and staffing pre-school groups in accordance with current regulations;
- Supervision and control over the admission of students to the I (first) grades in general education schools, the conduct of competitions during the admission to the I (first) grades where teaching is conducted in other languages;
- Organization of control over the acquisition of deep and quality knowledge by students on the basis of educational programs (curriculum), the formation of high moral ideas, national traditions, multicultural and universal values in students;
- Expanding the network of trend classes;
- Organization of subject olympiads, various competitions and contests.