The State Agency for Vocational Education is an executive body providing and coordinating the implementation of state policy in the field of vocational education and organizing the activities of vocational education institutions under the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of subordinate vocational education institutions to ensure the training of qualified personnel and improve their competitiveness;
- Organizes the implementation of accessible, skills development and vocationally-oriented vocational education and training in order to continuously adapt vocational education to the requirements of the labor market;
- Takes measures to develop the material and technical base of vocational education institutions;
- Ensures the development and implementation of programs as part of state-business cooperation with employers to improve the effectiveness of vocational training in vocational education institutions;
- Develops and implements methodologies for recognizing skills acquired through informal methods;
- Organizes coordination of international programs and projects in the field of vocational education.