Approved by the order 796 of the
Ministry of Education of June 16, 2010.
1. The Present Rules are prepared in accordance with the Education Act of the Republic of Azerbaijan, and specify the procedure for early admission of children below school age to the first grade.
2. Mentally and physically healthy children who have reached their 6th birthday before September 15 are admitted to the first grade of secondary schools.
3. In exceptional circumstances, talented children who have reached their 6th birthday after September 15 until late October could be admitted to the first grade based on the conclusion made by the Commission established at school.
4. Decision on acceptance of special talented children, who will have reached their 6th birthday during November, to the first grade will be considered by the Commission established at the Ministry of Education from early August to September 10.
5. Information on children early accepted to the first grade based on the conclusion of the Commission will be sent to the local education bodies. Acceptance of these children to the first grade of suitable schools is implemented according to the existing rules.
6. Early admission of children to the first grade in the territory of Nakhchivan AR is implemented by the Ministry of Education of Nakhchivan AR based upon the Present Rules.