1_____________________ specialty (program)
(Code and name)
1.1. The speciality (program) is on the list approved by the Executive Order 08 of the Cabinet of Ministries of the Republic of Azerbaijan of January 12, 2009.
1.2. The normative period for full-time study is 4 (four) years.
1.3. Baccalaureate is the first stage of higher education.
The speciality degree granted to the graduate is “Bachelor.”
- should be ready to work in the speciality fields, as well as study for the master’s degree level.
1.5. The main fields of professional occupation of bachelor student:
- industrial fields, organizations, institutions, establishments, entities,etc., regardless of their form of property and subordination, which are suited to the profession and speciality level;
- various education establishments by directing the existent procedures (excluding scientific, scientific – pedagogical fields of universities)
2. Requirements for the training level of persons completed the bachelor level on the speciality (program).
2.1. Requirements for the level of education:
- study the History of Azerbaijan, one of the foreign languages, Azeri language in humanity sciences field, and other disciplines offered by the university.
- submit a short abstract on requirements for the ability to analyse labour activity, assess results, as well as possess teamwork skills.
2.2. Requirements for knowledge and abilities on subjects:
2.2.1. On humanity subjects:
- Here is given a short overview of requirements for knowledge and abilities on each subject;
2.2.2. On the professional training subject:
- Here is given a short overview of requirements for general knowledge and abilities on each discipline.
2.2.3. Special subjects:
- Here is given requirements for the special preparation of the graduate defined by the content of subjects, such as physical culture, civil defence and medical knowledge.
3. _________________________ Study programme Structure on speciality (program)
(Specialty code and name)
|Code of discipline
||Number of lecture hours
Total number of hours
||History of Azerbaijan
||Azerbaijani language* (for Russian language teaching)
||Selected disciplines **
Profession training disciplines on specialty (program)
Selected disciplines :***
(Profession training and specialization)
||Basic of medical knowledge**** (for pedagogical specialties)
Note: * University may permit to students studied at Azerbaijani sector of the university to select the second foreign language or Azerbaijani language and Speech Standards subjects.
** The selected disciplines of the first section may include subjects such as philosophy, political science, sociology, economy, culture studies, as well as Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, foundation for law, and other humanities, social and economic related subjects.
*** In all sections, selected disciplines included a number of units (at least two units) and determined by the university. The capacity of selected subject units is the same for all units. Student should overtake one discipline from each selected units, and all disciplines of the specialization unit.
The university defines a teaching load for selected disciplines of each unit by not exceeding a number of hours. Student is allowed to choose just one subject from each of them and the subject selected by him should be taught within the hours defined for this unit. For example, let suppose that the university is determined two units for selected subjects (overall, 90 hours) of humanity section. The first unit consists of philosophy, economics, political science, , the second unit culture studies, Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, foundation for law and sociology. 60 hours are allocated for teaching of subjects from the first unit, and 30 hours for subjects of the second units. If the student chooses “philosophy” subject from the first unit, and “sociology” from the second, these subjects should be taught 60 and 30 hours, respectively.
**** 45 hours out of 150 allocated for specialties, where the Basic medical knowledge subject is not being taught, is given to civil defence. There will remain 105 hours that may be assigned to a professional training subject unit.
(Code and name of specialty)
Short overview of disciplines on specialties is given in the abstract.
Here is given the content of disciplines, which will be taught in each subject (excluding professional training and specialization selected subjects).
|General weeks allocated for study of curriculum at the bachelor level.
|Weeks for theoretical study
Weeks of internship.
(depending on specialty)
(it may be increased at special education establishments)
|Weeks of exam sessions
|Weeks of vocations
|Weeks of thesis preparation (preparation for the final state attestation)
|Weeks of state final attestation
1. Higher education establishments providing a training programme may:
- change the limit of the average annual curriculum load provided for a student in the programme and the number of hours for teaching of material by keeping the minimum content up to 5% within disciplines and 20% within the sections of disciplines;
- specify the number of hours of different disciplines in the section within the lecture hours allocated for the section;
- define the list of selected subjects, the sequence of their teaching, the number of lectures, training and laboratories;
2. Universities may offer preferred subjects of specialization in different units. The disciplines shall be directed to the relevant master’s degree programme as far as possible.
3. The term of each semester (excluding the last semester) is 15 weeks.
4. During the study, compulsory lectures of students usually are 30 hours per week.
5. The winter vocation should last two weeks.