Nowadays, the higher education has gained significant importance in the socio-economy development of society, human capital formation and creation of knowledge economy.
The dynamic development of the economy of each country, its successful future, and entry into the ranks of developed countries define by the level of education in this state. Therefore, the main duty of the higher education is to transfer the natural resources of the country to human capital.
All these factors increase the need to define the reform directions in the higher education area of the republic according to the developing tendencies at the world.
Thereby, in order to execute the State Program on reforms in the higher education system of the Azerbaijan Republic in 2009-2013 years, approved by the Presidential decree Nr. 295 of May 22, 2009, I hereby order as follows:
1. Starting from the 2010/2011 academic year funding through the state budget of higher educational institutions operated in the Azerbaijan Republic to implement based on the state order.
2. Forming the state order to provide in view of the national, cultural, humanitarian and historical values of the country, peculiarity of the existence labor market and prospective development factors of the country.
3. All higher education institutions operating according to the legislation could take part in the fulfilling of the state order regardless of its ownership.
4. to define:
4.1. The staff preparation at the higher education institutions from the state budget and according to the state order is implementing based on the per capita funding principle;
4.2. The state order to the bachelor and masters level of higher education institutions in various specialties for each year is defining based on proposals of the Ministry of Economic Development agreed with the relevant ministries;
4.3. Cabinet of Ministries confirms the enrolment forecast of students to the bachelor and master levels of higher education institutions in various specialties for each year based on proposals submitted by the relevant ministries according to the state order;
4.4. Entrants, who have received the right to study by the state order on the various specialties due to entrance exams to the higher education institutions free to choose the university where they will be studied regardless of its ownership.
5. To instruct the Cabinet of Ministries of the Azerbaijan Republic:
5.1. Approve the enrolment forecast of students by the state order for the 2010/2011 academic year until March 15 of 2010;
5.2., In subsequent years each year until August 1, ensure the adoption of enrolment forecast of students by the state order for the next and following three academic years;
5.3. Prepare and submit to the President of the Azerbaijan Republic proposals on bringing the existing legislation in concordance with the Decree within two months;
5.4. Ensure adoption of the normative legal acts of Cabinet of Ministries of the Azerbaijan Republic and relevant central executive power bodies in concordance with the Decree within two months and inform the President of the Azerbaijan Republic;
5.5. Resolve other issues arising from the Decree.
6. Instruct the Ministries of Finance, Economic Development and Education to prepare and submit to the Cabinet of Ministries the legislation projects reflecting per capita funding mechanism at higher education institutions of the republic by learning the best practices of foreign countries in this field within two months.
7. Charge the State Students Admission Commission:
7.1. To implement changes and other necessary measures arising from the Decree to the enrolment rules according to the realization of student admission to the higher education institutions based on the state order from 2010/2011 academic year;
7.2. Ensure the creation and stocking of the unified electronic database of students admitted to higher education institutions based on the state order.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic.
February 10, 2010.