Within the execution of component on “Supporting the implementation of the general education curriculum and further curriculum reforms” of Second Education Sector Development Project approved within a financial agreement signed between the Government of Azerbaijan and World Bank International Development Association, it is hereby ordered as follows:
1. Approve the curricula and teaching plans for general (V-IX) and complete (X-XI) education levels of general education schools of the Republic with Azerbaijani and other language teaching (attached).
2. Textbook and Publication Department (F. Shahbazli) shall implement relevant organizational measures to prepare textbook sets based on the curricula.
3. Department for Economy (Sh. Aliyev) shall consider the publication of textbook versions of curriculums in defined copies in Azeri and Russian languages, and allocate proper financial resources needed for translation of these documents into Russian language.
4. Coordinator of Supporting the implementation of the general education curriculum and further curriculum reforms component A. Ahmadov, Director of Curriculum Centre A. Abbasov shall present proposals on the amount of expenditure needed for publication of the book version of the curricula within 10 (ten) days to the Department for Economy of the Ministry, as well as ensure the preparation of curriculum books with the participation of specialists.
5. Coordinator of “Supporting the implementation of the general education curriculum and further curriculum reforms component” A. Ahmadov, Textbook and Publication Department (F. Shahbazli) Project Coordination Group (E. Rustamov) shall implement necessary measures to translate the curricula into Russian language and prepare their electronic version in Azerbaijani and Russian languages.
6. It should be noted that the curricula for general secondary and complete secondary education levels being prepared for the first time. Therefore, some corrections can be made in these documents before they are applied.
7. Public Relations Department (B. Huseynzadeh) shall ensure the publication of the order in the Azerbaijan Muallimi (Azerbaijani Teacher) newspaper and Tahsil Khabarlari (Educational news) Magazine.
8. Control over the execution of the order is implemented by Deputy Minister and National Coordinator of the Second Education Sector Development Project I. Isgandarov.
Education Minister of
The Republic of Azerbaijan
June 2, 2011