ORDER OF THE CABINET OF MINISTRIES OF THE AZERBAIJAN REPUBLIC ON APPROVAL OF RULES OF AWARDING GOLD AND SILVER MEDALS OF GRADUATES COMPLETED THEIR GENERAL STUDIES WITH SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS
In order to execute the Section 1.10 of the order 156 of September 5, 2009 of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On the application of Education Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, the Cabinet of Ministers is hereby to order:
1. To approve “Rules of awarding gold and silver medals of graduates, who have completed the general education with special achievements” (attached).
2. The order comes into force from the signing day.
Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Republic,
January 14, 2010.
Order of the Minister of Education on the execution of decree
“On approval of Rules of awarding gold and silver medals of graduates, who have completed the general education with special achievements”
1. Accept to the management and execution the specified order of the Cabinet of Ministries of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
2. The Ministry of Education of Nakhchivan AR, Baku city Education Department, Ganja city Education Department and educational departments of regions (cities) shall:
- provide the study of “Rules” approved by the relevant order of the Cabinet of Ministries by the directors and teachers of schools; explain their content and essence to pupils and parents;
- achieve observance of transparency and objectivity in the selection of graduates that will be awarded gold and silver medals;
- prepare materials for awarding graduates, in accordance with the requirements of the Rules, and submit these materials to the Education Ministry in time;
- specify a demand for gold and silver medals for the 2010, and order them to the Ministry of Education.
3. Chief Administrative Officer (I. Pirmammadov) in cooperation with the General Department (I. Mirzayev) and General Education Departments for Cities and Rural areas (A. Muradov, A. Ahmadov) shall prepare a sketch plan of gold and silver medals and submit it for approval until February 15, 2010.
4. Special Department (M. Nabiyev) shall specify the necessary quantity of gold and silver medals for 2010, and prepare the order;
5. Department of Economics (Sh. Aliyev) shall provide funding for the production of gold and silver medals for the 2010, consider the necessary expenses for the production of gold and silver medals in the budget for 2011 and subsequent years.
6. Public Relations Department (B. Guseynzade) shall provide the publication of order in the newspaper “Azerbaijan muallimi” (Azerbaijani teacher) and in the “Tehsil kheberleri” (Education news) magazine.
7. Deputy Minister, I. Isgandarov shall implement the control over the execution of the order.
Minister of Education
Rules of awarding gold and silver medals of graduates, who have completed the general education with special achievements
1. The Present Rules are prepared in accordance with Section 19.8 of the Education Act of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
2. The candidacy of graduates of comprehensive secondary education level that have achieved special results during their study and distinguished themselves through exemplary behavior could be submitted for the award gold and silver medals. Students awarded in the last stage of Republican subject Olympiads, knowledge competitions of regions (cities), countries and international levels, in contests and projects are being taken into account when nominating for gold or silver medals.
3. The corresponding decision concerning rewarding of students by gold or silver medals should be accepted after consideration of the conclusion of class teacher at School Pedagogical Council.
4. The following students could be nominated for awarding gold and silver medals:
4.1. students completed their studies with 75% of “excellent” scores;
4.2. students completed their studies at least with 75% of “excellent” scores;
4.3. students received “excellent” scores from all subjects during the year:
4.4. appropriate to the demands of Section 2 of the Present Rules.
5. The decision of the Pedagogical Council and personal lists of candidates for awarding gold and silver medals should be submitted to the Ministry of Education by the local education departments in the form defined by the Ministry no later than May 20 of each year.
6. Candidates received “excellent” scores on the school leaving certificates are being awarded gold medals, those, who have received mostly two “good” scores (except learning language and mathematics) awarded silver medals;
7. The awarding of alumni gold and silver medals legitimized by the order of the Minister of Education.
8. The names of graduates awarded gold and silver medals are being written in the “Honour book” of school, where they have studied.
9. Gold and silver medals are being awarded in the solemn ceremony.