REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
PUBLIC INVESTMENT CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT
CREDIT No: 4595 AZ
CONSULTING SERVICES ON PROVISION OF TRAINING ON "INTERPRETATION OF FIDIC CONTRACT CONDITIONS FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION"
Request for Expression of Interest
The Republic of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Public Investment Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The objectives of the Assignment are:
- To raise awareness of the management level of the project administration, management and implementation entities (Employer organizations, Project Implementation Units (PIUs), and other stakeholders) about the procedure and methodology of the project management, including provisions related to process and procedures, roles and responsibilities, and reporting, etc.;
- To train the participants on appropriate techniques including contract management, progress control, cost control and quality management, environment management, and other aspects with case studies;
- To build the capacity of the PIUs, engineers and other involved stakeholders to successfully manage the construction projects financed by every International Financial Agencies (IFAs).
- A reputable consulting firm with extensive experience and capacity in project management of infrastructure construction works and training.
- Key staff must have + 15 years experience in relevant fields and training
- Fluent English, and Russian a plus
Implementation period: February – May 2010
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consulting firms may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 09.00 to 18.00 office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by January 12, 2010.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Project Coordination Unit
Attn: Elvin Rustamov, Director
49, Khatai Avenue, AZ1008, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99412) 4963759/4963760
Fax: (+99412) 4969368