The Republic of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Public Investment Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The purpose of this training program is to provide the selected experienced Azerbaijani accountants/financial managers with practical knowledge and appropriate professional skills in the financial management policies and procedures of the International Financial Institutes (IFIs). The main objectives of this consultancy and training are as follows:
- Selected accountants and finance managers are familiar with the Financial Management and Disbursement Policies and Procedures of the IFIs operating in Azerbaijan.
- Requirements and implications of the Accounting and Tax regulation of the Azerbaijan Republic are understood and duly followed by Project Implementing agencies.
- Participants are given practical examples of how to prepare different types of Withdrawal Applications together with supporting documents required.
- Institution’s Mid-level Management and staff trained and acquired enough knowledge further to improve Financial management systems
- To train the participants on appropriate techniques of financial management including financial management policies and procedures of international financial institutions and disbursement techniques.
- To build the capacity of the PIUs, accountants/financial managers of beneficiary organizations to successfully manage the projects financed by every International Financial Agencies (IFAs).
- A reputable consulting firm with extensive experience and capacity in providing general financial management training;
- Deep knowledge of financial management and disbursement policies and procedures of the IFIs operating in Azerbaijan;
- Key staff must have + 5 years experience in relevant fields and training;
- Native speaker of English, Azerbaijani, Russian is a plus
Implementation period and place: February – Mart 2010, Baku, Azerbaijan
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 09.00 to 18.00 office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by January 25, 2010.
The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Project Coordination Unit
Attn: Elvin Rustamov, Director
49, Khatai Avenue, AZ1008, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99412) 4963759/4963760
Fax: (+99412) 4969368